Natural Remedies To Cure Pregnancy Acne (Part 1)
If you have acne-prone skin like me, one of the biggest downsides to being pregnant is that your skin might go from manageable to your worst nightmare. Not only on my face, it spreads to my neck area. It went worse when I’m reaching my 2nd trimester now.
No matter how many brands of acne cream I used, it doesn’t cure. So I started my online searching for natural remedies. And would like to share it here. But before that, do you know why you have break out in the first place, especially during pregnancy?
Your body’s level of progesterone rises when you’re knocked up, which usually causes your body to produce secretions of sebum from your skin glands. Extra sebum = blocked pores = acne.
You can also attribute pregnancy blemishes to the excess amount of fluids your pregnant body retains – fluids filled with acne-causing toxins.
If you try to find out some natural ways to remove pimples, there is a bucket list. Let’s discuss just 10 among them.
Indian lilac (Neem):
– Its detoxifying property purifies blood.
- Put some Neem leaves in a vessel full of water. Boil and cover it with its lid. Wash face with this water in intervals of 1 hour.
- Grind Neem leaves to form a soft paste. Mix it with pure micro granular turmeric and rub face with this mixture. Keep this facial mask for 2 hours daily.
– This is a powder of the dried rhizomes of turmeric. It not only removes pimples, but helps get a glowing skin (WOW!).
- Mix this powder with water and stroke this paste on the face.
– It has high therapeutic value often used in homemade remedies. Basil leaves are found to be effective in acne treatment too.
- Pick some basil leaves, grind and squeeze to take juice. Apply it fresh onto face and let it be there for half an hour.
* Powder of dried basil leaves also can be used if you don’t have fresh leaves.
– Aloe Vera gel is the inner part of the aloe Vera plant, which is the most commonly used natural remedy among the people. It has the ideal polysaccharides necessary to repair the skin. It has been used for centuries for burns, to heal damaged skin, and for several other ailments.
- Apply the watery gel of Aloe Vera plant directly to the face and leave it for half an hour.
* The severity of acne such as the swelling and redness can be reduced to a certain extent by doing this.
– Sandalwood paste makes wonders in treatment of pimples. Sandalwood is an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, cicatrisant, disinfectant and astringent. Cicatrisant property is what makes it highly effective for getting rid of acne scars, blemishes and other spots on the skin.
- Rub the affected area with a mix of sandalwood paste and rosewater and leave for about one hour. Repeating this for one week can help remove acne scars to some extent.
– Rosewater is the steam distillate of the concentrate of rose petals. The anti-microbial and antiseptic properties of rosewater kill the acne producing bacteria.
- You can apply the rosewater concentrate to the affected area. Otherwise, you can blend rosewater with facial masks and apply.
- Aromatherapy. In this therapy, a few drops of rose oil are mixed with olive oil to massage the face. Repeating this for a week brings noticeable changes in the face.
– Drinking cucumber juice can prevent the occurrence of pimples periodically in women.
- Make the cucumber paste and leave it in the face for half an hour daily. Changes will be visible within one week.
– Natural Honey is found to be beneficial for removing acne scars. Natural honey obtained directly from beehives is preferred in this treatment. What you buy from the store is a combination of preservatives and other ingredients.
- Apply Natural honey on the face and left for about 30 minutes.
– These are rich sources of Vitamin C and it has whitening effect.
- Crush the dried orange peels to form a fine powder. Now mix this powder with water to make a paste and apply it on face. Let it dry for some time. Rinse off with cold water. Repeat this daily for at least 15 days. The occurrence of pimples can be reduced to some extent in addition to gaining a fair and radiant complexion using this facial mask.
– Egg white mask and egg yolk mask are another facial masks found to be effective to remove pimples.
- The soft and foamy egg white obtained after beating it in a mixer should be applied to face. Leave it for about 15 minutes and wash off with water.
* Similarly, egg yolk also can be applied in the same manner to treat pimple scars.
Caution: If you’re allergic to any of these natural remedies, don’t use them for treating acne.
Start your acne treatment now and save your pocket money with these natural remedies!
About Authorhttps://www.babyclub.com.sg/natural-remedies-cure-pregnancy-acne-part-1/https://www.babyclub.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/pregnancy-acne.pnghttps://www.babyclub.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/pregnancy-acne-150x150.pngFeaturedPregnancyIf you have acne-prone skin like me, one of the biggest downsides to being pregnant is that your skin might go from manageable to your worst nightmare. Not only on my face, it spreads to my neck area. It went worse when I’m reaching my 2nd trimester now.No matter...Angels YeungAngels Yeung[email protected]AuthorBaby Club Singapore